Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bento things found in local stores

These a few things i have found in local stores in my small town. I will post pictures of them actually in use with step by step photos as soon as possible.

I have an ice cube tray with blossoms, a heart shaped sandwhich cutter, two pinch bowls, and three egg/pancake shapers. Everything is silicone execpt for the sandwhich cutter.

This is just a close up of the ice cube tray. It has amazing detail to just be from a simple dollar store. Im hoping to use them for gelatin, and try mini onigiri in them. I have been collecting them for about a year with each season so i have hearts, skulls and pumpkins, beach balls, crabs, flamingos, penguins, and tons of others. They are silicone so im hoping it will be easy to get onigiri out of them. Pictures as soon as I use them!

I have also seen things that i think might work similiar to certian bento specific items. Like a butter spreader, for making cubed onigiri. Anyone ever tried that, or have any other tricks and tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment